Between Fifth & Sixth Avenues, from W. 40th to W. 42nd Sts.
New York, NY | bryantpark.org | map
Nearest subway station: B-D-F-M @ 42 St.-Bryant Park
Nearest elevator subway station: A-C-E-N-Q-R-S-W-1-2-3-7 @ Times Sq.-42 St.
About the Reading Room: A comfortable and furnished space where adults and children may read books without need for a library card or other identification. There are also lunchtime activities for kids.
About the Carrousel: A small, delightful carrousel with 14 horses spinning to French cabaret music. Rides are $2 (parents assisting children unable to ride solo are free). Open all year, weather permitting. Birthday parties available.
About Citi Pond: A 170′ x 100′ ice rink open during the fall and winter. Admission to the rink is free, but there are fees for renting skates and lockers, checking bags, and sharpening skates. Line-ups during peak times can seem never-ending. Groups can make advance reservations (FastPass for parties up to 9, group reservations for parties over 10) to bypass the general admission line.
Public restrooms: Yes, mid-park at W. 42nd St.
Food & drink: There are five restaurants in the park:
- Bryant Park Grill (Sun-Thurs 11:30AM-11PM, Fri-Sat 11:30AM-Midnight), a casually elegant New American restaurant with patio and rooftop seating
- Bryant Park Café (Sun-Thurs 11:30AM-11PM, Fri-Sat 11:30AM-Midnight, mid-April to November), an informal outdoor café next door to the Grill
- ‘wichcraft, four kiosks (hours vary) stationed throughout the park serving sandwiches, soups, and salads
- The Southwest Porch (11:30AM-11PM), an outdoor lounge serving the full ‘wichcraft menu until 5PM, and then a Sips & Snacks menu until closing
- Celsius at Citi Pond (Sun-Wed 12PM-10PM, Thurs-Sat 12PM-Midnight), a two-story, glass-enclosed restaurant and lounge overlooking the ice rink
In addition, there is the Ice Bites snack shop at Citi Pond.
Other info: There is free WiFi throughout the park.